- 19,000+ people in one room is a lot, and apparently there were even more in overflow rooms. Biggest Obama events so far?
- Even Melanie was excited. "Whoah, that was so awesome," she kept repeating. She even told us she got a little teary-eyed when Obama talked about the crushing weight of student loans.
- Line of the night, for me: "Cynicism is a sorry kind of wisdom." I'm stealing it for my own.
- He didn't mention, or even hint at, Hillary Clinton - he's running in the general election now.
- Rightly mentioned that the rest of you owe Wisconsin for the progressive movement. You're welcome.
- My prediction, which I'm willing to make very public right now - Hillary Clinton won't win one more state.
- One of the biggest cheers of the night happened when the CNN jumbotron-feed announced (after the VA results) that Obama had taken the delegate lead (including their superdelegate estimate)
- If you have the choice between speaking before Obama and speaking after him, do yourself a favor and speak so far before him that your audience's children have forgotten what you said. Not that they were even listening, with all their mp3s and MySpaces.
- Let's look at some pictures, OK? The last one is really something -
Update: Oh no, I was spotted by one of my students! He was next to the stage and saw us in the crowd -