Start Spreadin' the Word

Have $5.01 you can spare...for democracy? Even better, do you have $5.01 and the e-mail addresses of a half-dozen other people with $5.01? On February 12th, let's help Barack Obama buy some airtime in Wisconsin! And keep the ball rolling into Texas! And Ohio! And Pennsylvania! YEEEE-AAARGGH!

(The significance of $5.01 donations is explained here)

(The significance of $0.01 is explained here)

Update: And if you donate through this link and help the Obama campaign reach 500,000 (!) online contributors (that's contributors, not contributions - lots of folks have donated small amounts lots of times), your contribution will be matched.

5 comments:

J.Po said...

Damn it! I should have signed up as a matching donor before opening ye olde pocketbook for the second time. Damn. I just cannot afford a 3rd.

Spice said...

I'm going to see him in VA Beach on Sunday - woo!!!!!!

And I've donated twice - but pre-matching :(

Sophist said...

Awesome. Thanks for the tip, I just made my big donation!!! My first contribution of the year. Next contribution will be post-convention, and will be 2x size.

J. po, you can think of me as having matched your pledge (although I don't know how much you donated)...

Sophist said...

I keep on hearing that Team America song, "Freedom costs a buck-o-five."

Spice said...

Buck-o-five!

J.Bro and I saw that movie together, and I have vivid memories of laughing very hard for most of it. It's time for a mon-tage!