Weather shift

The meteorologist (sorry, I mean "weather dude") on the news this morning told me to expect a 75-degree temperature drop in the next 12-18 hours. It's 43 and calm outside right now, but the overnight windchill is supposed to drop to 30-35 below. But it's not all bad - at least there's a 100% chance of snow and 40-50mph gusts of wind!

I loathe you, Charlie Shortino! Why do you make winter so awful?!

Update: It's still 38, but here's the Winter Weather Advisory -

A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP THROUGH SOUTHERN WISCONSIN FROM WEST TO EAST TODAY. MUCH COLDER AIR WILL SURGE INTO WISCONSIN ON VERY STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS BEHIND THE FRONT. WIND GUSTS AROUND 50 MPH ARE LIKELY THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. ALTHOUGH SNOW AMOUNTS WILL GENERALLY BE LIGHT...THE STRONG WINDS WILL PRODUCE REDUCED VISIBILITIES IN BLOWING SNOW. IN ADDITION...THE STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE WITH FALLING TEMPERATURES TO PRODUCE DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS.

4 comments:

Kymm said...

That happened here last night. It was beautiful all day yesterday and then at about 11pm started getting cold and icy. It also started to snow around 5 am. Grrrr.

towwas said...

Did you delete my comment? Can you not handle the truth about wind chill?

J.Bro said...

I *never* delete comments - I think you're still a little drunk from your SotU drinking game!

towwas said...

Omg - it totally did it again!! I posted, I swear! Stupid Blogger. Accept my comments, you punk website!