"We" would like to play

With all the Wii talk all over, I thought I should share my dad's first game. In which he out-bowled me. That's LittleBro on the right, in his basement game room. When I was his age, I had a game room too, but mine was in the little cubby underneath the stairs in my room. It also only had a SNES, but fortunately, that was the apex of role-playing games. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - it's been all downhill from there.


M.Bro and I spent a few hours looking through boxes of my childhood memories, from pictures of my Mom's baby shower (the summer of 1979) to dozens and dozens of copies of The Creighton News with my picture in them. It was a sentimental part of a sentimental trip - I may have teared up a little bit at the baby book my parents wrote for me, and Missy laughed herself sick at the stories I wrote when I was ten (especially the one about how the Grand Canyon started). Also, apparently I had a massive growth spurt in between the pictures below, from the most gosh-darn adorable seven year-old you've ever seen to a nine year-old who should have been happy his parents didn't lock him in the basement.



7 comments:

miss shirley said...

I heart your glasses!<3 So cute...and a little scary.

J.Po said...

I kinda prefer the dorktastic you! It screams "future politico dorkmeister". You've become so hip since 9, but you can see the nerdy glimmer in those spectacled eyes.

Spice said...

Hee! Someone should start a site that's nothing but photos of 9- and 10-year-old kids: iwassoawkward.com.

I Blog, You Blog said...

The Wii rawks so haaaaard!
*devil horns*

Oh, and yeah...early pictures are hilarious. Although it's possible that I don't look all that different from my younger self...only maybe less bucktoothy (thank you, braces!)

Burrito Eater said...

I don't know if this is the correct forum, but last night I had a dream about J.Bro. He was a Nicholas Cage type character from National Treasure. J.Bro insisted that bad weather be damned, he wanted to dive for treasure just 7.5 miles off the coast of Finland. I woke up after you gave me the hard sell on going with you so the dream remains unresolved. But you with glasses and a sweater vest talking like Nick Cage was priceless.

towwas said...

I have looked the same since I was about two years old.

Kymm said...

That is a horrible picture of me with a mullet, but then again, sitting next to you, I don't look like such a dork!