Up dere on the thumb


Although I'm not writing the name of my new school, you can do some detective work if you want to. My copy of Faith Builds a Chapel by Winifred Boynton (1st ed., 1953) came today, and although I haven't read it today, it's a really stunning addition to my bookshelf. 10"x13", gilted edges, set-in color illustrations, full-page pencil drawings - just stunning.

The story of its relation to my new school is really fascinating. Go to work, Sherlock.



Amazon has a few used copies available if you want your own.

7 comments:

J-Vo said...

You should also research the school's Hollywood connection to Colleen Dewhurst and Campbell Scott and Jeffrey Jones.

Spice said...

My school has Glenn Close, the guy who created Scrubs, and Jon Stewart. And, you know, Thomas Jefferson. Plus two other presidents (and Washington if you count getting a surveyor's license). So beat that!

Also: Linda Lavin, Steven Culp, Dylan Baker, and Patton Oswalt.

J.Bro said...

I think we all agree that General Buck Turgidson's wife and son beat Thomas Jefferson and Jon Stewart.

I Blog, You Blog said...

My college was famous for graduating Woody Harrelson...and then for the town being mocked by his (and every other) character on Cheers for a long, long time.

Take that! :P

J-Vo said...

Yeah, well, J-Bro's school has my grandma! Ha-HA! And she is way cooler than anybody else previously mentioned.

towwas said...

Well, I don't teach at a school, but my employer is totally famous, so there.

miss shirley said...

My high school had Goldie Hawn and my college had Tori Amos. Not exactly world leaders but famous nonetheless.