Things which, today, have been observed, by me

1) That I'm less nervous for my real job talk on Friday (the one that matters) than I was for my practice job talk on Monday. Practice job-talking in front of your friends and colleagues is a horrible thing to have to do, even if you do end up with good advice and a much better presentation from it.

2) A student standing where the Crazy Christian Preachers usually stand, yelling, "I'M BETTER THAN YOU! AND I'M GOING TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT! I'M PRETTY INSECURE! THAT'S WHY I'M YELLING AT YOU INSTEAD OF TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO CARE! YOU SUCK AND I AM AWESOME! ETC!" Hiiii-larious.

3) The job market has peaks and valleys - I got another phone interview today, but also (a) found out that one of my colleagues got a campus interview at a school we both phone-interviewed with, and (b) got a letter from ABOYAM (A Bunch of Your Alma Mater) that they've hired someone for the position I applied for.

UPDATE: The peaks and valleys come very quickly! Three minutes after I posted #3, I got an e-mail from one of my top 3 choices making sure I was still interested in the position! I'm on an emotional roller-coaster!

2 comments:

towwas said...

Oh, too bad about the OAM job. :( That would've been totally cool. But yay for the upswing on the emotional rollercoaster!

dra-sh said...

I missed a job at ABOYAM too - no worries - and good luck keeping up with the ups and downs!