I am going to win these Duck Boots...

...on ebay, and I'll show you the pictures next week to prove it. And when I do, my hipness will increase by eight and three-quarters, according to the New York Times (of September 2006).

“I love those boots,” says the designer and nightclub habituĂ© Lazaro Hernandez, who had his Bean Boots refurbished after two years of everyday use. Hernandez, half of the fashion wonder team Proenza Schouler, insists, “All my friends have been copying me.”

Dig out your tote bags: fashion’s true believers, arguably the least authentic humans on the planet, are clamoring for the “real” America. Trend-deaf homegrown brands, whether fancy or just plain homely, have never been hipper. Will downtown Manhattan start looking like Martha’s Vineyard? “I look at old images of Bill Blass with his duck shoes and a cable-knit V-neck sweater and, like, a pipe in his library — it’s amazing,” Hernandez says. “It’s like wearing your grandfather’s clothes. It feels cool.”

3 comments:

Burrito Eater said...

Bummer you didn't win them...

J.Bro said...

We should all blame M.Bro, who forgot to bid for me while I was interviewing last night! Boo, M.Bro - BOOOOOOO!

(OK, yes, I could have put in a proxy bid like a run-of-the-mill ebayer, but I know how to play the game!)

(Unless the person I've asked to play the game on my behalf is a forgetful pregnant lady)

littlebro said...

do you really want these boots jason. What size do you wear i can pick up a pair at bomgars if you really want them. Ill give them to you for xmas.