S-whoah-bo


The new Swobo bikes - designed by a former Bianchi bigwig for a company that is known for making hipster wool jerseys - are out, and reaction seems to be mixed, but leaning negative.

I think Swobos are ugly and I'm dubious about the need for a saddle-mounted bottle-opener, but I really like the idea of low-cost (which this isn't), very simple, single-speed city cruisers. The SE Draft is a much better option - and would be an even betterer better option if it had a rear coaster brake and bullhorn bars. Sexy.

2 comments:

Burrito Eater said...

Those bikes try too hard. Way too hard. They are all trash. They scream poser. They are 40yo dad wanna be hipster. A true fixie is one that is "created".

grrrbear said...

You don't see a need for a saddle-mounted bottle opener? How else am I expected to crack open my MGD while biking through the city streets?

Sheesh, and you claim to be some "bike expert"...