Half an accomplishment

Pictures are on the way, but I finished the Madison Half-marathon in a few seconds over 1:40 this morning - that's a 7:40 pace for 13.1 miles and about five minutes faster than my goal. I really like the half-marathon distance - long enough to feel like an accomplishment, but not so long that I'm wiped out for a week. The rest of my summer, to the extent I train much at all, is going to be getting ready for some Fall 5Ks. It's a good distance for me and I don't have to take much time away from dissertating to train.

Update: Results are up. My official time was 1:40:42, which put me in 258th overall (out of 2153) and 43rd for men 25-29 (out of 209).

2 comments:

Burrito Eater said...

Nice! That is an awesome time! You rock, congrats!

Sophist said...

That is an amazing time. Congratulations!!!!! Any other races coming up this summer? how's the dissertatin'?