Some boroughs (and a little New Jersey)

New York City is exhausting, but not as exhausting as a cancelled flight from Laguardia to Chicago that put us back into Madison a hair before 3:00 this morning. As I told Spice earlier today, I'm surprised to find myself relatively ambivalent about the thought of living there. I expected to come back either (1) ready to move there next weekend or (2) stridently opposed to the idea of living within three area codes. Instead, I can see why some people love it and why some people hate it, but I'm not sure I fall in either camp yet.

I'm too tired to caption, much less explain these - a tiny slice of the embarassingly-large number of photos we took.









5 comments:

towwas said...

Hey! I see abandoned buildings! Is that Ellis Island??!?

grrrbear said...

It *totally* is. I knew you couldn't resist the abandoned-ness...

I Blog, You Blog said...

Hey, TOWWAS, didn't we play on those rocks when we went to visit MFTTVP (my friend the tv producer)? Or maybe all rocks in NY look alike...

Mister Vertigo said...

Very awesome!

towwas said...

IBYB, I bet you're right! We should go again sometime. It's been much too long. Is YFTTVP still there?