For sneaking, I guess

Between some killer Goodwill finds, bargain shopping in New York, and yesterday's Big Shoe Sale Event at Nordstrom Rack in Schaumburg (Mel wanted to go to a huge mall for spring break and neither M.Bro nor I wanted to drive all the way to Minneapolis, so Woodfield Mall is a good alternative), I've doubled the amount of sneakers I have in the last two weeks, and I've done it for well under $100. Next to jeans, sneakers are my favorite item of clothing. I'm also afraid I'm rapidly approaching the point where cool sneakers make me look like a middle-aged dude that's trying too hard, so maybe I'm going overboard until I'm 30. Then I'll sell them all and buy a pair of $1000 Grenson Masterpiece oxfords, Crockett & Jones captoes, or John Lobb handgrade wholecuts.

Or fuck it, I'll keep wearing dunks with my suede-elbowed sportcoats.

From left-to-right:
-Nike Air Force 1 Moon Boots (Goodwill)
-Nike Dunks in Maple (Goodwill)
-Vans Sk8-His in happy-skull checkerboard (Nordstrom Rack)
-Vans Prison-Issues (Nordstrom Rack)
-John Varvatos-designed Converse Jack Purcells (Century 21 in NYC)
-Cr8tive Recreation Cesario Los (Vault in NYC)



So that's a lot of sneakers, or "kicks" as the kids say, right? Melanie certainly thought it was too many for any boy to own, so I showed her some photos I've saved of hardcore sneaker collectors. She retracted pretty quickly.


No comments: