I assume I'll be mugged, and I've made peace with that

M.Bro and I leave for New York City in about 48 hours. She's been there for work things a few times but never for pleasure and I've never been, period. Shameful, I realize. I'm excited to see big-city things like litter, 6-story buildings, and sitcoms.

Many people have told us to go to Ellis Island. But eff that. I don't like history. I like living in the moment - not looking backwards at stuff that doesn't matter anymore. If the past was important, it wouldn't be the past - we would have kept it. You can't argue with that logic.

6 comments:

towwas said...

Oh, awesome! New York is fun. I've never been to Ellis Island, either. Whenever I go to New York, I totally feel like I come from the countryside - alll the biiiig buildiiiinggggs!!!

Mister Vertigo said...

Very cool! I've always wanted to go out to the east coast. Maybe someday. Have fun!

I Blog, You Blog said...

You know that old song "Mona Lisas and Madhatters"? I always think of that when I'm New Yorkin'...

Turn around and say good morning to the night
For unless they see the sky
But they can't and that is why
They know not if it's dark outside or light


Because it's true....the buildings are so tall it's a little tough to tell whether it's dawn, dusk, or just some shadowy bit long about noonish...

Have fun and blog the trip muchly! :)

grrrbear said...

Wait, wait, wait...Mr "I Love abandoned buildings" is not goign to Ellis Island? You *do* realize that, like, half the island is abandoned buildings?

I've been there once, along with the Statue of Liberty (back before 9/11, when you could go up inside her head). Honestly, I thought it was pretty interesting.

Of course, I love history...so...

K.Bro said...

How did I not know you were going to New York? We should really keep in touch better. By the way, Blazey and my car were traded in for my beautiful new Malibu.
Have fun and I will be waiting for pictures!

Burrito Eater said...

Dude, we go to the N-Y-C in May, you'll have to find all the sweet food hook-ups and I mean all the classy places man...

I wouldn't rock the Ellis either, I hope you are taking in a baseball home opener though!