Winter emergenceeee




I don't remember whether I've mentioned this before or not, but one of the reasons M.Bro and I live where we do is because we get a substantial chunk taken off our rent for agreeing to scoop some sidewalks in the winter and water some lawns in the summer. Usually that means a couple hours of work a week two seasons of the year. We're earning our rent today, by golly.

You can't tell from the pictures, but that's at least four feet of snow we're playing in. Madison got about two feet, but the sidewalk runs through a miniature valley and all the snow drifts directly on top of it. And this is no fluffy, cottonball snow either - it's wet and heaaaavvy. In fact, I can't lift an entire shovelful of it, so scooping means taking hundreds and hundreds of little bites.


4 comments:

Spice said...

My new favorite word? Thundersnow!

Mister Vertigo said...

Hehe... Thundersnow! We had some of that too! Luckily, not as much as you though.

We have this neighbor who likes to turn on the world's loudest snowblower and clean out his driveway and sidewalk at 6:00 in the damn morning. I swear it takes him 3 hours to do it too.

Burrito Eater said...

I hope your weekend core workout went well! It was a rough one out there!

K.Bro said...

I'm lucky enough to be at work in the mornings so the snowblowers don't wake me up! I guess that's a perk of working overnights