Spring, unsprung


After a glorious four days of hoodies layered with vests and no stocking caps anywhere to be seen, tonight we're in a winter emergency. The snow & wind are bad, yeah, but the worst part is the disappointment. The crushing, crushing disappointment.

Plus I was looking forward to hanging out with folks at H.Go's birthday party, since I've kind of sequestered myself for a few weeks. The radio (and who am I to question the radio's authority) said to be where you wanted to be by 6:00 pm and not plan on leaving until tomorrow (and bring a shovel). The snow's coming down in sheets and I can feel the wind shaking our building & rattling our windows. It's not as painfully cold as it was a couple weeks ago, but it's certainly wrathful (and, one has to assume, vengeful).

2 comments:

K. Bro said...

Nice picture dork

J.Bro said...

How did you know it was me?

Wait until you see the pictures I just took of us scooping sidewalks. Madison is buried - I don't care how much they want their baby to have that emergency surgery, no one is going outside today.