Ow ow ow.

What do you call the muscles/tendons that go from the top of your foot, over the top of your ankle, and up the front of your shin? I can barely move mine, whatever they're called. Stupid floor hockey game on Sunday night and stupid delayed-onset muscle soreness. M.Bro reminded me that I couldn't walk for two days after my first game last season too. Apparently sprinting and pivoting is only superficially like distance running. My legs have voted, and they're very, very different sports.

I'm supposed to run 5 miles tonight, but instead, I'm going to sit on the floor and silently scream while I try to stretch my whatevers. Ow ow ow.

4 comments:

Spice said...

All of my floor hockey pain is in my lower back. Whenever I twist - ow!

I heard we're playing fitness consultants next Sunday - I'm glad I won't be there!

Sophist said...

love the new picture, Spice!

grrrbear said...

Obviously, there are *lots* of muscles/tendons in that area, but I think the best candidate is the "Extensor Hallucis Longus Muscle" - as in: "Ow, my Extensor Hallucis Longus!"

Spice said...

Thanks - it has that rare power to make me giggle every single time I see it. Poor Roy!