World's first scrapbooking injury?

I'm leaving to take M.Bro to Urgent Care in a few minutes - she stabbed herself pretty deeply in the fleshy pad of her palm with an X-acto knife late last night, and it's all black & blue and still bleeding this morning. Her doctor said it's probably going to be OK, but someone needs to make sure she didn't cut any muscles or tendons. There will definitely be an update, possibly with pictures.

Update: Disappointingly (for my blog), she's fine. What looked like bruising was just blood pooling under her skin. The doctor drained it, cleaned out the cut, and sealed it with some sort of liqui-plastic sutures. M.Bro has to keep it dry for five days, which means no exercising and no showering without a latex glove.

5 comments:

towwas said...

Oh, no! Poor M.Bro! I hope she didn't cut anything important.

Spice said...

Arugh! That sucks! And just last night I interrupted J.Po mid-conversation to point out that M.Bro had just appeared on my TV, gleefully helping people make beautiful memories. I hope this injury does not impede her career!

K.Bro said...

Missy is on tv? that's so fun! I'm glad she is ok. I know how frustrating it is trying to shower with a limb wrapped up. I had to do it for 10 weeks though.
Hope you guys had a wonderful new year's eve. Love ya!

Mister Vertigo said...

Yikes! I'm glad she is OK. You are a much stronger man than I. If I had seen any blood I'd have passed out and I'd be the one needing to go the ER...

Gayle said...

Ouch! I have my own special X-acto knife scar. All of us in the graphic design field have them. Man, those things are sharp! Glad Missy is OK.

On the wallet that Rich gave you...You actually used it? Very cool!