Closure

Three two one - let's do this thing. As TOWWAS noted in the comments, I'll send you a CD if you want. If you know my e-mail or know someone that knows it, just send me your address and I'll help you rock out.

3) TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
This one may take a listen or two before its excellence really sinks in. When it does, though, whoah - set aside a few hours to just listen to it. Really, though, you should be listening to the whole stupidly-named album.

2) Cold War Kids - We Used to Vacation
I'm finding that, as I get closer and closer to the top of this list, my ability to describe what I like and why is getting less effective. I feel like I should just write - here's #2 it's the cold war kids and they're singing a song about alcoholism and family and dreams and disappointment and here's the video so you can hear it yourself now go watch and listen. I love this song so much that the opening two notes are enough to make me shiver and stop whatever I'm doing to listen. Unless I'm driving - frankly, it's neither safe nor responsible to listen to this song while driving.

1) The Raconteurs - Steady, As She Goes
The rockingest song about settling for an unsatisfying relationship ever written. A long, long time ago, I posted about The Raconteurs streaming this on their website and offered a prize for anyone that figured out a way for me to turn that into an mp3. You let me down, but this song has been the one to beat in '06 since January. Jack White could fart in a tin can and I'd buy the album - this is slightly better.

Recap of the Top 15:
15) The Hold Steady - Stuck Between Stations
14) Guster – One Man Wrecking Machine
13) Camera Obscura – Lloyd, I’m Ready to be Heartbroken
12) Klaxons – Gravity’s Rainbow
11) The Pipettes – Your Kisses are Wasted on Me
10) Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins – Handle With Care
9) The Strokes – Juicebox
8) Neko Case – John Saw That Number
7) Islands - Humans
6) Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Warrior
5) Sonic Youth – Incinerate
4) Tapes ‘n Tapes – 10 Dollar Ascots
3) TV on the Radio – Wolf Like Me
2) Cold War Kids – We Used to Vacation
1) The Raconteurs – Steady, As She Goes

That's it - what do you think?

3 comments:

K. Bro said...

sadly, I only know the number one song. And I thought I was doing pretty good keeping up with the music scene....maybe next year

J.Bro said...

Yes, but little sister, did you enjoy the videos? That's the important thing. And do you want a CD?

Spice said...

"Steady as She Goes" has come up multiple times on Accuradio today. It's catchy. It's not the kind of song that I'd seek out, but it inevitably gets stuck in my head after I hear it, kind of like "Song 2" by Blur (Whoo-hoo!).