Republican Girls Gone Wild

Described as "the conservative answer to The Daily Show", The America Show, Episode 1 and Episode 2 are pilots that are being considered by FOX News for possible broadcast.

I have a lot of respect for any of you that can sit through more than a minute of either episode - they're searingly unfunny. I'm a 2-minute cut-and-runner. They're not just roll-my-eyes unfunny - they're I-want-to-throttle-a-republican unfunny. As a commenter on Metafilter asked, "How come, whenever I hear the phrase 'the conservative answer to', my mind rearranges it to 'the shitty, humorless version of' something?"

While that comment's insightful, it's not as funny as this one - "This is so terrible, I pulled out my credit card and bought a membership to MeFi, just so I could say how terrible it is. That's right: five dollars of terrible."

It's not just this show, though - conservatives, as a group, just aren't funny. Why is that?

Update: Hey - a YouTube video response slash intervention! "If people are telling you this is funny, they're lying to you. They're not your friends." Hee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your site!

Keep,up the fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Jon Stewart will have equally scathing indictments of the Democrats as soon as they come into power...

What about "The Onion"? Is that considered liberal humor? They seem to mock everyone equally, at least to me. I wonder if a conservative would feel differently.

J.Po said...

That was HORRIBLE. HOR-I-BLE. Yuck.