Low self-esteem R&B

Have you heard this song? What if Sir Mix-a-Lot had used this many qualifiers? Did he suppose that he maybe liked what some might consider larger-than-normal butts, if that's OK with you, and if it's not, that's cool too? No! In fact, he had enough self-assuredness to tell other brothers that they couldn't deny their feelings either. Paula Deanda could learn a thing or two about writing a straightforward lyric from Sir Mix-a-Lot. We all could.
I saw you with your new girl just yesterday
and I feel that I must confess,
even though it kills me to have to say it,
I'll admit that I was impressed.
Gotta commend you on your selection, and
though I know I shouldn't be concerned,
in the back of my mind, I can't help but question

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, Sir Mix-A-Lot had CONVICTION! And that's something I respond to!

I Blog, You Blog said...

I'm utterly chagrined to point out that you left out a line in the lyrics. After "I'll admit I was impressed" she says "Physically just short of perfection, gotta commend you..." etc.

OhgodI'vebeenlisteningtopopmusic...

*dies*

But yes. Conviction. Dammit! (if that's ok with you)

J.Bro said...

Ack - I did leave that line out! And it would have my my point stronger! Not perfection, but just short of it!