Look out - THE SKY!!!

I don't usually just post e-mails I get - that's lazy blogging - but TOWWAS sent me a fantastic link.

"you want schadenfreude? read & mock:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1734539/posts?q=1&&page=1"

To which I responded, as any of you would have, I presume:

"Jesus Hitler Christ. I guess I can't speak for all terrorist-lovers, but I know _I_ was voting for higher taxes, cut-and-running, and forcing rednecks to marry other men!"

TOWWAS reports that she was hoping for an influx of gay illegal immigrants.

UPDATE: A few gems from an alternate reality that I can't understand -
We deserve the government we elect. Unfortunately, our Troops do not. I feel so darn bad for them. We let them down.

[Since, I assume, Nancy Pelosi will be sending guns and money to terrorists in Iraq]

The Jihadi's have won. They have proven they have a stronger will than America. They are now emboldened. They didn't defeat us on the battle field they did it in the political arena. Republicans are to honest to make good politicians. How many have we had resign over the last 10 years?


Although I'm big enough to admit that I like to hear conservatives sound sincere -
I'm not angry at the public for voting the way they did, I'm angry with my party for letting me down. They blew an eight year opportunity to change our country for the better, and ended up giving us a larger government than we had when they went in.

So I for one am not going to mope or offer my throat and belly to those who would see American neutered and socialized, I am going cede the battle graciously and begin fighting TOMORROW for the next election and to ensure the Republican party nominates viable candidates who not only talk the talk, but walk the walk
.

I'm still entertained by the totally insane ones though -
Outside of 9-11, I cannot think of a worse day.

Quote: "Outside of 9-11, I cannot think of a worse day."
Clinton winning in '92 and the Democrats being in total control was definitely a worse day.

6 comments:

towwas said...

I must admit, I got the link from Wonkette.

Spice said...

I always find it so weird when I read stuff like that - I feel like people on the other side don't actually incorporate any _reality_ into their thinking. It's like they have a translator implated in their brains that turns "We should assess the situation in Iraq and come up with a sensible plan for gradual withdrawal" into "CUT AND RUN." And I have no patience for people who are blindly against taxes - taxes pay for things, you idiots! You want roads? schools? police? a military? These things require taxes!!! ARGH!

I thought it was hilarious in the Bush PC yesterday when Bush was forced to admit that Pelosi et al might actually also want to protect the country from terrorists. Yes, that's right, the Dems aren't pro-al Qaeda! Shocking!

towwas said...

There was a great Doonesbury a little while back that imagined what Democrats would say if they'd mastered those tactics:
http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.html?uc_full_date=20061029

Spice said...

I cannot believe that they're comparing a Dem win to 9/11!!! WTF?!?!? I mean, I was upset during the last presidential election, but there is no way I would compare my personal disappointment to a tragedy like that - that's just disrespectful to people who were directly affected by 9/11. Yeah, that's right, I'm saying that these wacko Republicans are disrespecting 9/11 - who are the real patriots now?

Mister Vertigo said...

Wow, after that last insane comment I'm actually embarrassed for most of my friends (actually, most people I know in general) who are republican...

Sophist said...

ha ha "too honest" for their own good... I wonder what those folks are like in person.