BREAKING ELECTION-DAY NEWS!!!

Did those of you with RSS feeds click pretty hard trying to get here?

I didn't want this to get lost in the deluge of election coverage - Brit-brit filed for divorce this morning! Or is it just Republican tactics to distract you from voting?

Update: I broke the news to Mel when she got home from school. Her response: "Well, duh. Obviously."
Posted Nov 7th 2006 3:47PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Break-Ups, Britney and Kevin
Britney Spears has filed a petition for divorce from Kevin Federline.

Spears filed legal papers today in Los Angeles County Superior Court, citing "irreconcilable differences." In her petition, Spears asks for both legal and physical custody of the couple's two children, one-year old Sean Preston and two-month old Jayden James, with Federline getting reasonable visitation rights.

5 comments:

towwas said...

Ok, but here's the real question: who's going to have his next two kids? Not me!

Spice said...

Yes, this exciting news led to a semi-amusing e-mail exchange between me and Ole yesterday, that went something like this:

Me to Ole: Whine, whine, whine. I'm so sick. I have pneumonia. This sucks. Boo hoo.

Ole to Me: Pneumonia does suck! Get some sleep! Feel better!

(Three more rounds of that.)

Me to Ole: OMG, BRIT AND K-FED ARE GETTING DIVORCED!!!!

Ole to Me: I KNOW! I'M SO EXCITED I WANT TO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW!

Ole also suggested that Brit may have filed for either minimal media attention (due to the elections) or maximum K-Fed damage (since his album just came out).

Burrito Eater said...

Dude, he got divorced by text message!!! Now that's insane!!!

towwas said...

Spice, you have pneumonia?? Holy crap, dude, that sucks. I had pneumonia once. It wasn't all that fun, as I remember.

Spice said...

Yeah, it sucks! I've changed my little photo to accurately convey how I've felt over the last few days. Today, though, I feel slightly closer to health - I can move about for more than two minutes without desperately wanting to lie down again.