How do you keep YOUR trousers up?


I flipped an ebayed pair of vintage Red Wing work boots for a tidy little profit - just enough to treat myself to a custom leather belt from Norwich Leather Co in Taftville, CT.
These belts have beveled, burnished, and dyed edges; they are dyed, sealed, waxed, and buffed by hand with attention to detail by an experienced craftsman. Let's be real - people pay more for plastic, generic, soul-less, production-made leather belts in mall stores every day.

Here's the customization page for the harness-leather belts - I ordered mine with the light brown leather, 1 1/2" width, wheat edge stitching, buckle #7 in polished brass, and NO words stamped into the back. I'm giddy.

3 comments:

Mister Vertigo said...

OK, of all the "fashion" post you have made, I really like this one! Those belts are nice! I would definitely wear one of those.

Unfortunately, I'm not "sylish" enough to know what color I need to wear with what though...

J.Bro said...

Fortunately, that's the easiest part! Black with black and brown with everything else. Unless it's gray with black shoes/shirt, in which case a black belt is appropriate.

towwas said...

I wish turquoise belt buckles weren't so ridiculous-looking on non-cowboy people, because the ones they link to are *beautiful*. Also, I don't wear belts. (To answer your question: by having a girl-shaped body.)