Customer Service II

Two customer service posts in one day - one of me not giving it, one of me not receiving it.

Three days ago, I ordered 2 rims, 2 hubs, 100 spokes, and 100 nipples from a parts distributor (who I will not name until after they decide whether or not to give me the refund + 25% that I asked for). Pretty obvious what my intention is, huh? Apparently not, because the jerks at this distributor just threw all my parts in a box and shipped them to me. No one at this place was smart enough to think, "Huh - spokes, nipples, rims, hub - I'll be he's building a wheel!" and put it together for me. Jerks.

So I threw my hands in the air, swore up a right-good storm, and built the wheels my own damn self!


It turned out to me a good deal simpler than I thought it would be, and various people at work today (who have lots of experience building wheels - not, like, an accountant and a marketing dude or something) told me that they looked and felt really good. I can't decide whether I'm more confident or more nervous riding wheels that I built rather than some random guy (or machine) at Nashbar.

3 comments:

Sophist said...

if you order all those parts, is it customary for the store to do the assembly?

That's rad that you built your own wheels!

I'm waiting for a "100 nipples" comment. Grrrbear?

towwas said...

Heh heh. You said "nipples."

Burrito Eater said...

Wow, you already built them? That is awesome! I can't wait to check them out! Building wheels is about the last thing I would do...