Will I ever get to race?

The Rockford race which was rained out two weeks ago is rescheduled for this Saturday at 10:00 a.m. - exactly 5 minutes before the final for my class starts. TAOleNelson is graduating and I don't want to force TACourtney to handle the exam herself (especially since I went to Hawaii instead of helping with the midterm).
New Race Date
Posted by admin on 5/01/06

The new date for the race is Saturday, May 13th. The first start will be at 10 am. More information will be coming out in flyers through the mail, and be put up here as the information comes in. We will be located at the Red Oak shelter. This date works best for the park schedule and is an off week for WORS. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

The WORS Alpine Valley race is next Sunday, the 21st, so maybe I'll finally get to race there. Or maybe I'll just train all summer for the Checkameegwone Fat Tire 40 and skip everything else.

Although, there's a huge, swirly low-pressure system trapped on this side of Lake Michigan (click for aswesome radar animation) that's threatening days and days of continued rain and crappiness, so maybe there won't even be any training. Frankly, I don't know how I'm going to accomplish Thousand Mile May if this keeps up - riding in this weather makes me miserable, which makes me want to ride even less. I've been swimming at the gym and running with M.Bro, but the contest rules don't allow me to count any non-cycling cross-training as TMM mileage.

1 comment:

Burrito Eater said...

Bike racing is fun, you'd miss it if you didn't race this summer. Plus it's hard to put all of your eggs in one basket when one stupid move or broken part can ruin your season. Plus getting a good time at Chequamagon is all about the course conditions and starting position and all the MTB pros take all the medals and glory (not to mention a good chunk of the photo ops!)