Wet and damp and moist

Oh god it's raining so hard right now. Let's take a look at the weather for the next ten days, shall we? As Michael just said, "With all this rain, it's like god wants me to get fat. Like he wants me to just sit inside and drink beer and get real fat."

Update: Get your act together, May, or you and I are going to have ourselves a little talk. When I left work at 4:45 to ride toward Paoli, it was sunny and ~warm. I was feeling excellent - one of those rides where you feel right on top of the pedals, like a magnet is just pulling you along. When I started my second lap around, though, I swear the temperature dropped 15 degrees. It also started to rain and the wind kicked up - within 18 seconds, I went from sunny and happy to drenched and miserable. I finished that loop and headed back toward the city, and the weather got progressively better on the way in. In fact, between the sun and the headwind, I was almost dry by the time I got back to the bike path. The weather crapped out again after I grabbed my messenger bag from work, and I was soaking wet again by the time I rolled into the garage. Still, 37.5 miles on the road plus 9 commuting gives me a pretty solid total for a rainy day. I'm still 125 miles short of where I wanted to be on the 15th, though.

12 comments:

Burrito Eater said...

You need to end this TMM charade man...it's causing the rain! I just got soaked on my lunch ride! You are the one goading god thus creating a situation that causes poor Michael to drink...

Spice said...

It's 70-something and sunny here in Little Rock. Woo, Arkansas!

The downside is that doing research at a presidential library apparently involves sitting in a totally silent room while another person sits and watches you to make sure you don't destroy or steal anything.

K. Bro said...

It's beautiful in Nebraska, maybe you shouldn't have moved away...

towwas said...

Hahaha! Is there seriously someone who just sits and watches you? What if you want to pick your nose? In fact, I think you should, just to freak him/her out.

Spice said...

Yeah, there's a weekly rotation among the archivists to sit and stare at researchers all day! (Not that this library has a lot of researchers - they are pretty new and don't have a lot of stuff open yet.) I pulled a very nice guy I'd already talked to on the phone, so sometimes we chat while he's sitting and staring, like when I commented today that there was an awful lot of discussion of Clinton jogging in the press briefings. Would he jog? Where? When? With whom? Will he still jog if it rains? (And J.Bro, the answer to the last question is 'yes' - apparently BC's tougher than you!)

I also purchased a BC bobblehead today.

J.Po said...

Oh Spice. I'm so envious of your current worky. Love WJC! Ah...those were the days. Buy something for me in the gift shop ($10 or less) and I'll pay you back.

Spice said...

Hmmm...what genre of gifty would you like, Po? Apparel? Knick-knack? Shot glass? Stuffed Buddy?

Today I watched a video while a guy watched me watch it. Al Gore was looking really good in it. Seriously.

J.Po said...

So many gifting options! I'm pretty jealous of the bobblehead. Do they make them in the Hilary, Chelsea, Buddy and Socks varieties too? The whole family would be fun. And more than $10.

Spice said...

Unfortunately there's only a Bill bobble, although there was a Hillary action figure (I considered getting her to go along with Bill, but her voice was so grating that I decided it wasn't worth the monty). The bobblehead can be yours for less than $15 (although not less than $10). He's even doing the patented Bill thumb gesture!

J.Po said...

Bobblehead it is! I'll pay in cash or M&Ms. Your choice.

J.Po said...

J.Bro, your blog has officially become the space where I communicate with Spice. Props!

Spice said...

Bobblehead has been purchased. It barely fit in my luggage, so if you e-mail me your address (I don't have it with me), I might send it to you from here in Texas.

You know what the most annoying thing is about not having a car? Having to deal with the whole auto insurance question when you rent one. This time, I ended up taking liability and declining everything else. Usually I decline it all and live in fear.