This whole blog is TMM updates now!

I wasn't expecting to do any miles today (or tomorrow)(or Sunday), but I hauled my ass out of bed at 5:30 and put in 20.5 early-morning, chillier-than-expected miles. My fingers were numb with pride.

Part of the ride was a couple laps around the course they use for the Tuesday night practice crits and Sunday races. It doesn't seem too bad - relatively easy corners and very wide roads - so I think I'll throw down at the practice crit next Tuesday night. At least the B race, which is only 25-30 minutes. It's $5 for the whole evening of racing, so I guess there's no reason I can't try to hang on for a couple laps with the A race too. If I drop out, I drop out - only my pride gets hurt, which is better than my entire side being covered in road rash because I bailed out on a 30 mph corner.

Between practice crits, Thursday-night time trials, and the new once-a-month aquathon series that Fleet Feet is running, I'm hoping to get faster through the fear-of-embarrassment training method. Shame is my motivation.

5 comments:

towwas said...

Nothing besides biking? Nothing? Really?

...Siiiiighhhhh.

Spice said...

Okay, here's a non-biking story for everyone who's not Sophist or BurritoEater. H.Go and I were driving near campus yesterday. Traffic was fairly heavy - stop-n-go. H.Go suddenly said "Is that guy picking his nose?" I turned to the car on our right - and just at that moment, the guy picked and then...ATE IT! And then did it again!

We dissolved into giggles, and I couldn't look at that car for the rest of our journey.

J.Po said...

Yuckidy-yuck-yuck-yuck, Spice. Eeeeewwwwwwww..........

Sophist said...

hahahahahahahhahahahah Spice, good story!

J. Bro, you will be rockin for that horribly hilly course. I take it from your nutty training schedule that you are training for the 200K race? That's crazy man!

Sophist said...

crits sound scary, esp all that cornering stuff.