Crazy coincidences at Alpine Valley

The XTRphoto.com people only got one pretty bleh-looking shot of me at the finish line, which disappointed M.Bro, who couldn't be at the race to take pictures. But, what ho? Where did this cool picture from the tippity-tippity-top-top-top of the course come from?

Well, I'll tell you! I posted my race report on the XC-racing forum at mtbr.com on Monday. Someone posted a comment this afternoon and attached a picture that his wife took of him from the top of the course - in a crazy coincidence, I happened to be riding immediately behind him when she took the shot. M.Bro will be so pleased.

In other news, I felt like a giant, wet bowl of Kashi Good Friends cereal on my ride this afternoon (that is to say, mushy and not very speedy), and I had a weird metallic creaking from my crankset. For the latter, I'm going to pull everything apart and clean it during TDS/TCR Power Hour tonight. But I'm not sure what to do about the former. For now, I'm chalking it up to still recovering from WORS on Sunday, and cross my fingers that I'm feeling snappy and fresh again in time for the hill-climb time trial on Saturday morning. Burrito Eater, Jerry and I are riding from Madison to the race, and it would be shameful to get dropped before the competitive part of the ride even starts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you paying any royalties on the pic, or are your lawyers looking into it.

J.Bro said...

10% of all income generated by this photo, whether through this website or my wife's scrapbook, is going to the photographer.