It was Arrested Development

It looks like the dream is dead. Dead dead.
The Bluths are out of business.

"Arrested Development," the critically praised but low-rated Fox show that won an Emmy for outstanding comedy series, as well as Emmys for writing, will not be resurrected on Showtime as rumors circulating for months have suggested.

A source close to the negotiations said that creator Mitch Hurwitz had decided after a lengthy period of debating an offer from Showtime that "Arrested Development reached its end, creatively, as a series."

I should probably just be happy that it survived past its second episode on Fox, and although I'm not as bitter as I thought I'd be, the bitterness I have is mostly directed at people that watched reruns of 7th Heaven instead of Arrested Development. The Season 3 DVDs will be out in June and that makes 53 episodes of fantastic television preserved until 2008, when DVDs are as useless as VCR cassettes are now.

No comments: