Someone broke into our Jeep and stole Missy's purse while we were out hiking this morning. I think we have everything cancelled and payment for the hotel worked out, but I'm still shaking and angry and sick-feeling. Our credit cards, her debit card, both of our phones - they're all gone. The Honolulu police department could not care less - they told us they had more important things to do and told us to maybe call next week when we get back to Wisconsin. The pictures of the hikes are so gorgeous and I don't even want to post them because they're going to make me so angry all over again.

Gretchen just told me to solicit donations -

6 comments:

Spice said...

"Oh no!" sayeth all of the people currently in my house. What a horrible thing to have happen, particularly on vacation!

Sophist said...

How awful!! I'm sorry to hear it. A curse on the person who stole your stuff!!!!!!

J. Po's the expert in getting-the-life-back-together-after-having-wallets-stolen. I believe she had her bag and/or wallet stolen three times in a single year. Yay, trips to the DMV are fun for everyone, aren't they.

Mister Vertigo said...

Oh my gosh, that sucks. Just be sure not to let it ruin an otherwise great vacation...

Your little bro said...

Is this true or is it just an April Fool's joke?

towwas said...

Oh, man. You were supposed to be telling me the *good* things about going to hawaii. Where was your car?

J.Po said...

Dude. I feel ya. Your story brings rushes of cortisol to my blood. Getting shit stollen has to be the worst feeling ever - especially the part where you feel totally violated. Yick. My advice? Try not to become too hyper-vigilant. It'll take over your life. And never, ever leave your journal unattended. THAT, my friend, is irreplacable .... both times it happens.