Countdown

Top eleven songs of 2005, in reverse order, a few a day for the next few days - let's do this thing.

11) Wolf Parade - "Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts"
Is that David Bowie? Singing with Modest Mouse? In Canada? No. But almost.

10) LCD Soundsystem - "Daft Punk is Playing at my House"
"...my house" - you know the tune, homie. It's the lead track to a two-disc set of new stuff and previously-released hits (Losing My Edge is the best of disc 2). You've got to set them up kid. Set them up.

9) Kaiser Chiefs - "I Predict a Riot"
I deem this song "rollicking" - it'd be catchy in snippets between batters at a baseball game, except for, y'know, the predicting-a-riot message it sends.

2 comments:

Burrito Eater said...

Who, what, huh?

OleNelson said...

I only have "Tribulations" by the LCD folk. Do I really need this Daft Punk business?

And you're right. The Kaiser song is suprisingly... bouncy, I guess, for a song about an impending riot.