Jonny Cycles and The Big Fix

A local framebuilder (the guy who builds the frames also works at Yellow Jersey on State St for you locals) is donating a custom-built fixed gear frame for The Big Fix (a fundraiser for a type of cancer called Langerhan’s Cell Histiocytosis) to raffle off - $20.05 for a 1/150 chance. As of today, there were 128 tickets sold (129 when I buy mine in a few minutes). It's not rational, since 1/150th of the $1350 it costs to order a frame is only $9.00, but (1) it's for a good cause and (2) it would be years before I could actually afford to have a custom frame built.

One of my favorite parts is that you don't just get the frame, you get pictures of the entire process of its construction. Here's a sample, from concept sketches to the final product -




4 comments:

Sophist said...

ooooh pretty lugs!

Sophist said...

dude, so I checked out the site - it's just the frame that you win, huh? then you have to spend another thousand outfitting it with kickass components and sparkly pink handlebar tape??

J.Bro said...

True, but I have everything but the handlebar tape either in my basement or on another bike.

I just got an e-mail that they've moved the drawing up to November 16th since all the rest of the tickets sold this afternoon.

Burrito Eater said...

Lugs not drugs... That's almost as cool as Cars are Coffins!!!