Such an idiot

F&*K - the Horribly Hilly Hundred is full. It hasn't filled the last three years (the only three years of its existence) - you could walk right up to the registration table the morning of the ride and demonstrate your lack of reason/intelligence/sanity. Should I poach it? There's no way they're going to check 1000 people for race numbers in a mass-start event, are they?

Edited to add: If I thought I could poach it without using any of their rest stops, I would. Also, if I rode without paying, I'd have to skip the final climb to Blue Mound park. Neither option sounds reasonable, so I'm not going to poach.

Fortunately, there are two other reasonably good alternative races that weekend - the Verona Triathlon (1500m/40k/10k) and the WORS Big Ring Classic mountain bike race/trail run. I should decide and sign up pronto.

No comments: