Boys apparently have plenty of self-esteem

I think this sounds like a good organization, but I'm not sure they'd take a male coach/volunteer, and I can't find any mirror organization for these girls' male friends.
Girls on the Run® is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that uses the power of running to change the way girls see themselves and their opportunities! It is an innovative, health education and wellness prevention program that uniquely combines training for a 3.1 mile run/walk event with life-changing, self-esteem enhancing lessons. These lessons are designed to encourage healthy habits and an active lifestyle for girls 3rd through 5th grade.

Girls participating in the program learn to stretch themselves - physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally - and, in the process, are inspired to a lifetime of self respect and healthy living.

1 comment:

special-k said...

Oooooh - this looks great! I think I may volunteer to coach in the fall. It would be a good way to be engaged in the community and keep up my own current motivation.
Glad to see this!