Trail shoes - help me pick a color

Since I'm racing a trail run series this summer, I decided that I should probably invest in a pair of trail-specific shoes. After a little research, the Vasque Velocity offers the combination of lightness, traction, and motion control that I want. Since the WORS series is in a bunch of locations, I really need a set of do-it-all shoes – I’d be better off with my road shoes on some of the tamer trails, but I think I’d be at a disadvantage with those on some of the more technical courses. I can get last year's model on clearance for $54 at the Backcountry.com outlet (with free shipping to boot), but I can't decide whether I want the gray/red or gray/tangerine. What would you do, were you me?

The Vasque Velocity is a state-of-the-art trail runner, and it’s got proof: Outside Magazine recognized it as the 2003 Trail Runner of the Year. Built for motion control on rugged terrain, the Velocity provides rock-solid stability in any condition. An aggressively-lugged Vasque Mako outsole offers superb traction, while the dual-density EVA midsole, which is stiffer in the medial and postal regions of the foot, reduces pronation and collapsing. Vasque includes a nylon plate that extends from the forefoot to the arch, providing a comfortable flex with incredible torsional rigidity. TPU-reinforced Airmesh offers support and prevents the synthetic leather upper from stretching out over time. Further support is provided by lacing that extends near to the toe for a high-performance, precision fit. A burly toe rand protects those tender toes from rocks, roots, and other obstacles in the trail.

Bottom Line: While the Velocity isn’t the lightest of the light, it does absolutely everything well, providing superb trail stability in a durable shoe you won’t have to replace every couple months.






4 comments:

Spice said...

Red. My vote's for red.

Mister Vertigo said...

I like the both actually, but I'd buy the red. However, I know you and I know you like the tangerine.

Mister Vertigo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J.Po said...

Tangerine is so hot right now. Go with tangerine. You'll have the added bonus of being safe if it's hunting season while you're on the trail