Lake Wisco

If you have the connections to spend a long weekend in a forest-surrounded cabin on a Wisconsin lake, you should buy those connections a drink. You should be warned, however, that said spending-time-in-cabin is very likely to result in excessive eating and drinking and a painfully awful gym experience on the Tuesday after.

This evening was, however, the first time since Saturday afternoon that I didn't feel disgusting and bloated. Not even a 2 1/2 hour forced march (some might argue forced by me) though the tundra on Sunday afternoon helped. Monday morning was the worst - I'm not sure whether it was from the M.Bro-dominated game of Asshole the night before or the 3 lbs of processed sugar I had eaten over the previous two days, but I was in a bad way. The drive home was far less entertaining than the drive there - the hope of a fun weekend was now the depression of going back to real life, and there was a lot of falling asleep or long pauses in conversation which no one was energetic enough to fill in.

Today was better - until I tried to do my normal 2 hour Tuesday night workout. After 800 yards of painfully poor 100 repeats in the pool, I gave up and climbed out hundreds of yards before my training program told me to. I was due for an hour on the bike, and would probably have quit early on that as well if Amazing Race hadn't been on. People have said it's not very good this season, but those people are wrong.

2 comments:

Elf said...

As I noted on spice's blog, the said spending-time-in-cabin also took a toll on Sophie's mood. She's been sulking around the house, dramatically throwing herself on the floor in a desparate attempt (1) to get us back up to L.Wisc and (2) to get her friends to come back...

grrrbear said...

Here's a question I've often wondered, is consuming 3 pounds of processed sugar that much worse than consuming 3 pounds of unprocessed sugar? Would you have felt better about cracking open three pounds of sugarcane and sucking out its sweet, sweet marrow than you did imbibing god-knows-what-that-temptress-Little-Debbie-put-in-this-to-make-me-bot-stop-eating-it?