Is it a hat trick if you fall down three times?

Floor hockey is harder than you think. My team, Eternal Floor Hockey of the Poli Sci Mind, was demolished tonight by younger, spryer, more polished, and frankly less nerdy undergrads by a score of 12-0. Compared to the opposing team, we lacked not only hockey skills, but the ability to hit the puck out of the air, the ability to pass, a goalie that could stop shots, and a cheering section of 18 year-old girls.

Our only respite from the shame - one of the first-years on our team told one of our opponents that we're grad students, to which he replied, "Wow - I wouldn't have guessed that." If you squint and look at it from far away, that's a compliment.

5 comments:

Spice said...

More evidence that we should have had a COED TEAM!!!

J.Bro said...

I think the minimum # of women to have a team is only 2 - Mike invited y'all to join, but no one took him up on it! I blame you!

Spice said...

Two of us - me and Courtney - did take him up on it!

J.Bro said...

If you and Courtney both wanted to play, I wonder what the deal with the coed team was? Did Mike say anything? I wouldn't mind playing coed, since I assume most of the guys that played high school hockey (like the ones we played against tonight) are on manly all-man teams.

Spice said...

I think Mike wanted more than two women so that there was at least one alternate - but I think we could have talked one more into it. Also, he said that the coed league filled up really fast. Courtney and I have decided that we're going to make sure it happens next year...Mike did, in fact, say that the year they played coed was the best, for the exact reason you state.